Friday, April 27, 2007

Mombacho, Mombacho, Mombacho



Mombacho is the name of the volcano that presides over Granada. At one time it was inhabited by pumas which have since been hunted to near extention. Mombacho does host a variety of other endemic species, none of which were bold enough to grace my camera though. However, I did get to see some amazing plants; trees so intertwined they looked like a nervous system and the smell of sulfer and heat took me by surprise as i leaned over an open volcanic vent.

Last night I got to ride a scooter and for all the bugs in my teeth, I couldn't wipe the smile off my face!!! I gotta get me one of those. This weekend we are planning on spending time with our host family and going to a baseball game; it should be cool. Hope you enjoy the pictures!

No comments: