Friday, May 11, 2007

Giant Big Freak Toes

As some of you may know, I´ve always been a little self conscience about my big toes, referring to them as my "giant big freak toes" well my vanity taught me a lesson...
Last week all the girls were going to the salon for pedicures. I´ve never had a pedicure before (why display my freakish piggys?) but I decided "what the heck, when in Nicaragua... right?" And they were very pretty; for a day...
By the next afternoon I began to notice some swelling and redness. I went to the pharmacy where they promptly recommended some antibiotics. Since I was on my way to Ometepe I figured I´d take the pills, keep them clean and think nothing of it. However, the pills severely irritated my stomach, so much that I was afraid I wouldn´t be able to clime the volcano (not logical thinking, I know). By the time I got back to Granada I could hardly walk! Fortunately, one of my friends here is a doctor. She made a house call, numbed my toes and started slicing away! I can´t say it was the most pleasant experience but I´m recovering and feeling much better now. I documented the entire thing but sadly my pictures got erased some how; I know you're just devastated! Never again shall I complain about the size of my big toes; my botched pedicure cured me of that!

No comments: